Friday, January 20, 2012

Laughing Cow Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes

You can probably use any type of potato.
Photo by Simon Howden.


I’m sorry, I completely forgot to take pictures of these before they got scarfed down!  I wanted to share the recipes with you, though, since it was a delicious dinner.

Laughing Cow Chicken

Ingredients: 
4 small (4-oz.) chicken breasts
12 slices ham lunchmeat
4 Laughing Cow brand cheese wedges
Shake n Bake

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Pound the chicken breasts to about a quarter-inch thickness.  Spread the cheese wedge on the chicken, and place 3 slices of the lunch meat on top.  Roll the chicken and secure it with a toothpick. 
Place the shake and bake in a bowl and dredge each chicken roll.  Place rolls in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove toothpicks before eating.

Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes

Ingredients:

12 small red potatoes, quartered or halved
Olive oil
¾ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Pinch of salt
Ground black pepper

Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Place the potatoes in the pan, then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the seasonings, using more or less per your personal preference.  Toss with a spatula to coat the potatoes.  Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes.

Because I had two dishes going into the oven, I decided to do them both together, using the chicken’s cooking directions.  They turned out fine, although the potatoes didn’t brown quite as much as usual.  

3 comments:

  1. I tried making this whole meal chicken with laughing cow cheese & potatoes. A HUGE HIT! Both the husband and the kids snarfed (is that a word?) this down and asked for seconds. It was so easy to make, although I don't know how to pound a chicken very well. I bought a thing to pound with but I might have done it too much because my chicken ripped and was too big in some spots. So I'm going to google pounding out the chicken the right way. (which, btw, my husband finds hilarious or frightening) We will definately have this again! Thank you so much for posting such an easy and delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Maybe I'll have Gavin do a post on how to properly pound a chicken :) It's one of our family favorites.

      Delete