Thursday, January 5, 2012

Will Somebody Please Invent a Perfectionism Cure?

Image by Grant Cochrane


I’m doing it again. 

We are supposed to be figuring out how to come up with that $1000 emergency fund.  It’s been our assignment for nearly a month now and we haven’t gotten anywhere with it. 

Excuse #1:  It’s the holidays.  Who wants to deal with it right now?
Excuse #2:  Rent’s due.  I don’t want to deal with it right now.
Excuse #3:  Gavin’s at work.  I want to sit down and have a real conversation about this, not over Google Messenger.
Excuse #4:  Gavin’s off.  I have other things I want to do. 
Excuse #5:  (I don’t know what this excuse is, but give me another day and I’ll use it.)

I want to come up with the perfect plan, the one that will solve all our problems.  I think I need to accept that that’s probably not going to happen.  I’m determined that the plan will be created tonight and will be posted here tomorrow.  It might not be ideal, but it will be good enough and it will be a starting point, which is all we really need right now.  We can tweak it as we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment