Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan 2/14 to 2/17

Image by chawalitpix


This is a short one… we’re shopping tonight, then again this weekend, so we only needed a few meals to get us through the week.  Some of the ones I found look pretty tasty though, so I wanted to share them with you.


Tuesday – Appropriately named for a Valentine’s Day dinner, Romantic Chicken with Mushrooms and Artichokes.  We’ll be serving spinach salad with it.  And I’ll probably treat myself to a glass of wine with dinner.

Wednesday – Spaghetti with kielbasa and pasta sauce, because sometimes it’s nice to just throw stuff together and be lazy.  This is one of our go-to lazy meals.  I could give you a recipe, but the listing pretty much says it all. Fresh salad on the side.

Thursday – Extra lean ground beef is on sale this week (still pricier than I like, though) so we are going to grill hamburgers and let the side dish of home fries star.  This recipe looks fantastic, so I hope they turn out as tasty as they look.

Friday – My cousin Tandra Zimmerman, posted a photo of a recipe she made on Facebook called Black Bean Linguini.  I thought it sounded great, so I begged her for the recipe.  We’ll give this one a test run and post the recipe later this week!  I’m looking forward to trying it!


Any of these sound especially good to you?  What are your dinner plans for Valentine’s Day?

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your meal plans. I have issues trying to plan meals for more than a couple of days at a time but I am working on that! We are empty nesters now so it should be easier now that I am not driving kids around during the day and dinner time, but old habits are hard to break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a meal plan I am totally lost! I find that it's much easier to dodge the drive-thru if I have meat defrosting or I know it's going to be an easy fix. I also try to pick recipes based on the day of the week and what we have going that day so I'm not doing a super fancy dish on an evening with lots of running around. It takes about half an hour to set up the meal times usually, and I consider it time well spent!

      Delete